06 May 2013

Quiet Conversations

“I've begun to realize that you can listen to silence and learn from it.
It has a quality and a dimension all its own.” 
― Chaim Potok, The Chosen

I believe the best conversations happen without words and without sound. One such emotion in this short poem, in 100 words.


Photo Courtesy : Google Images


I await your return with an eager heart 
Look forward to the hints of your arrival
For I know, it is only in your capacity to define me 
I wait for you to whisper your sweet nothings in my ear
I wait to be heard 
I marvel at how do you do it! 
How swiftly you take me in your arms 
And carry me to a land unknown 
A place where my eyes do the talking in place of my lips! 
Silence fills the gaps at times 
Yet, so much is said and heard

In a silent conversation with you!




100 Words On Saturday

20 comments:

  1. Romance in the air :) Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Shail!! Learning from you I must say :)

      Delete
  2. The silent conversations are the best part of love! Nice take on the prompt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Corinne! Much appreciated :-)

      Delete
  3. Love, my favourite topic. Good one. :)

    http://www.heresmysay.com/100-words-on-saturday-quiet-conversation/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jyothi! Heading right to your post :)

      Delete
  4. So romantic - beautiful.
    Dropping by from 100 words

    Suzy http://suzysomedaysomewhere.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/100-words-quiet-conversations.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank for dropping by and appreciating, Sreedev!

      Delete
  6. That's a ncie poem, love oozing...I love 'love'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Meghna..M in Love wid u!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love you too sweetheart!! <3 :D

      Delete

Its all about a friendly conversation here at A Bloggy Affair :) I would love to hear your thoughts!